cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Can the link in Inbox emails for "View this message in Conversations" take you directly to the targeted conversation?

Jump to solution

When students email via Canvas inbox, the email you receive has a link for "View this message in Conversations". But, when you click the link, it goes to Conversations and does not automatically pull up the specific conversation. Is there any way to have the link in the email pull the targeted conversation so you do not have to search for it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi!

Right now, when you click on a link in an email from a browser window, you're right. The link opens the Conversations Inbox main window. However, when I clicked that same link using a mail app on my phone, it auto-redirected to Canvas Student and to the correct message.

I know you're not alone with this request. I've seen this idea appear in Ideas‌ before. I think it would make a good feature idea. How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi!

Right now, when you click on a link in an email from a browser window, you're right. The link opens the Conversations Inbox main window. However, when I clicked that same link using a mail app on my phone, it auto-redirected to Canvas Student and to the correct message.

I know you're not alone with this request. I've seen this idea appear in Ideas‌ before. I think it would make a good feature idea. How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?

View solution in original post

Thank you! I tried to open the link in the app but it still did not pull me to the direct message. Hopefully this works for some though.