Can there be sub-modules or dates set for headings?

Jump to solution
k_wullstein
Community Explorer

Is there a way to setup modules, so I can have release dates on my Unit and Lesson level?  Here is my structure:

Unit 1

>Lesson 1

>>learning activities

>>assignments

>Lesson 2

>>learning activities

>>assignments

I  have setup Unit # and Lesson # as modules, but on the page they appear to be at the same level.  I can not indent the Lesson module, so it would be under Unit module. 

I want to have Unit with release date, and each Lesson have a separate release date.  I don't want to release all Lessons with content when a unit opens up.  Setting release dates for pages would be overwhelming, given the amount of them in my course.  

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @k_wullstein ‌ - I see that you have an archived Feature Idea on this same topic, and the answer that stefaniesanders‌ gave you there applies here, as well.  I encourage you to vote "up" this Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4636-modules-within-modules .  Unfortunately, this is not currently possible in Canvas and, as you state, nor can you indent modules.

As you likely already know, you can indent virtually everything else, including text headers. While I realize this still will not completely do what you are after, you might consider adding some text headers to more clearly delineate your lessons.  I did this in a sample course site, below.  (And actually, what you are seeing indented have been indented twice, since the titles of assignments otherwise do not line up quite the same way:)

Sample module

I guess encourage folks you know to vote that Modules within Modules idea linked above "up."  While Canvas notes it will not be developed in the near-future, that's not saying it won't happen at all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes