Can we bulk name change assignments like we can for due dates now?

Jump to solution
jessica_edward2
Community Member

Is there a way to batch name change assignments like we can now bulk change assignment dates? 

Specifically for our program, we have participation point "assignments" where each day, we go into the gradebook and enter in however many points they obtained that day. So when we name these assignments, it's by a specific date such as the picture below. We have a class sandbox that we just copy into new courses and this is the default one.

So I can now bulk change the dates, but is there a way to bulk change the names as well instead of going into each individual assignment and doing it there? Because if not, I will still have to go into each assignment quick edit individually if that makes sense. It's an awesome feature, but is redundant for my particular situation if that makes sense. 

353917_canvas.JPG

Any help/advice is appreciated! Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@jessica_edward2  

You can change assignment names through the Canvas API.This involves writing a program.

Another option is a Google Spreadsheet I wrote several years ago before there was the ability to bulk change dates inside Canvas. I cannot find it right now in the documentation, but you can rename the title and save the due dates to change the name of the assignment. One of the benefits of the spreadsheet is that you could use it to calculate the dates rather than having to manually enter them. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8585-adjust-all-assignment-dates-on-one-page 

View solution in original post