cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Can we edit the Student or Instructor Product Tours?

Jump to solution

My coworkers and I were talking about the Student Product Tour mentioned in the latest Ready Release Notes (2020-04-11). Do admins have the ability to modify the product tours? We'd like to incorporate institution specific verbiage or modify it for particular circumstances (say, a pandemic requiring complete transition to online, hypothetically).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Nicholas,

Content within the Product Tours feature are not able to be edited for specific institutions. I'd recommend customizing the Canvas Help Links with your preferred content, as the product tours are designed to be general and show users where they can receive help about Canvas features. See the lesson How do I customize the Canvas Help Menu for an account?

Let us know if that solution works for you!

Erin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Nicholas,

Content within the Product Tours feature are not able to be edited for specific institutions. I'd recommend customizing the Canvas Help Links with your preferred content, as the product tours are designed to be general and show users where they can receive help about Canvas features. See the lesson How do I customize the Canvas Help Menu for an account?

Let us know if that solution works for you!

Erin

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Well, I guess it has to work for me, right? :smileysilly:

We can continue working with our current modifications to the Help Links. This would be a nifty option to have in the future, though.

Highlighted

Hi, Nicholas,

We do have a space in the community dedicated to enhancement ideas! Product Tours were created to help newer users get familiar with Canvas quickly. If you have enhancement ideas to share with our product team, feel free to visit the Ideas space and see if there are any related ideas to add your vote. If not, you can create a new idea.

Thanks,

Erin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I also would like to be able to customize the Product Tours. One of the reasons is because we use Zoom as a conferencing tool and don't want to confuse instructors with another tools that does the same thing except has limitations for recording etc.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels