cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Can we update a Course SISID (course_id) via SIS IMPORT?

Let's say you accidentally created 1014 courses too early and need to get rid of them and be able to use the same Course SISID in the future...  there isn't a way to UPDATE or REMOVE Course SISIDs (course_id) via the SIS IMPORT tool is there?

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jared.flaherty@park.edu​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since mid-September.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to give an answer on this, but I wanted to let you know that I am going to share this question with the Canvas Admins​ and Canvas Developers​ groups here in the Canvas Community.  Hopefully, this will get your question some additional exposure.  If you aren't following either of these groups, you can do so by clicking on the links I've provided and then clicking on the "Follow" link at the top right corner of the screen.  I hope this is helpful to you, Jared!  Good luck!

Surveyor II

jared.flaherty@park.edu​ the course SIS Import file has a field for status.

You can import a new SIS file, and change the course status to "deleted", and the courses will be removed from the UI.

If you choose to re-use the deleted SIS ID in the future, the deleted course will be brought back.

Any change you make to the course name would be reflected.

If you haven't developed any content for the courses yet, it seems that this would work for you.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jared.flaherty@park.edu​...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since garth@academicplatforms.com​'s response on October 30th.  Have you had a chance to review his response?  If so, did that help to answer your question?  If it did, please go ahead and mark his answer as "Correct".  If you are still looking for help, though, please come back to this topic to post an additional message.  For now, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Jared!