Can you default the Modules view to show modules collapsed rather than expanded?

Jump to solution
barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Wondering if anyone has changed the default for the Modules page and Assignments page to have everything collapsed at initial opening rather than expanded.  We've quite a few modules and the page is really long when everything is expanded, so want to try and make it easier to find the right module/assignment by having the groups collapsed when the page is first opened.

I know the user can do this themselves but a) Canvas doesn't remember that the next time they login and b) I don't want to have to tell everyone to do that.

Thanks
Barbara

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @barbaracoen ...

I don't believe this is currently possible in Canvas.  However, I did find this Feature Idea, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1278-modules-display-as-collapsed-by-default" modifiedtitle="t..., which is currently open for voting.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you would like to see implemented by Canvas engineers, I would encourage you to vote on it and possibly add a comment to the bottom letting Instructure know why this kind of feature would be important to you.  I know this might not have been the answer you were hoping for, but I do hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes