cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cannot add published course to course menu

Jump to solution

The class has been published, the teacher is asking us to access the class on canvas, however, the class is under "Future Enrollments" and when I try to click the 'star' to put it on my dashboard or even try to get into the class, it reads: "The course cannot be added to the course menu at this time." I have read through answers regarding similar questions, all refer to the class being unpublished. This class i published and I cannot get in. Please help. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, chambh2@uw.edu Welcome to the Community!

Even if the course is published, the instructors course dates may not be starting on today. They will want to navigate to Course Settings and ensure the start date times are correct.

Specifically reference the "View Visibility" section of the guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10255-415257087 

Hope this helps and they can get it fixed quickly!

View solution in original post

Surveyor II
about 2 hours
CLASS: 7th Grade

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, chambh2@uw.edu Welcome to the Community!

Even if the course is published, the instructors course dates may not be starting on today. They will want to navigate to Course Settings and ensure the start date times are correct.

Specifically reference the "View Visibility" section of the guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10255-415257087 

Hope this helps and they can get it fixed quickly!

Hi,  I am experiencing the same issue.  I've checked all my settings and everything seems to be in order.  Except, for some reason, the course that cannot be moved to the Dash board is categorized under Past Enrollments.  But this is a shell that is actually being using as a group and there are no past enrollments.  Please help!

Hi mbreger@middlesexcc.edu Welcome to the Community. Thanks for dropping by and asking your question! 

Just to clarify, have you checked the following?

- the course is showing under default term, or whatever term your institution has deemed current

- the start date is either today at a time past or a day that has already passed and the end date is a date in the future

- it is published?

- it is in a sub-account or main account that you can have access to? I'm curious to know if its a copy of a course that could be duplicated in another sub account somewhere. You mentioned it was a group oriented course, do others have the same issue? This has happened at my previous institution at times. Which is why it might be showing as "past" enrollment rather than allowing you to favorite it as a current one? Sorry if that's confusing! Hope it makes sense. 

Thank you!

Surveyor II
about 2 hours
CLASS: 7th Grade

0 Kudos