cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebcradio001
Community Member

Cant Add student

So i can't add any students, and i have tried to add them via email and they don't receive the email what do  i do?

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ebcradio001 ​, we'll need more information in order to assist you--and ultimately, you might be better served by sending a ticket to Canvas Support to start a support case (How do I get help with Canvas?​).

Specifically:

• Have you been able to add students successfully in the past, using the same method you're currently using, or is this the first time you've tried to add students?
  • When you say you're adding students "by email," are you doing so using the format and instructions in How do I add users to a course?
  • Is it a brand-new course?
  • Is it a course you've created yourself, or has it been assigned to you?
  • If it was assigned to you, have you checked the start and end dates for the course?
  • Does your school normally enroll students via SIS?
  • Is the course published?
  • Are you using a Free For Teachers account?

These are just the questions that immediately came to mind--but given these and the other variables that could be at play here, a support ticket is probably your best next course of action.

ebcradio001
Community Member

so i did this i have now submitted a ticket to canvas. thanks any way

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ebcradio001 ‌,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie