cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer

CanvaBadges Setup

Jump to solution

Following the instructions here:   Canvabadges

I created a new twitter account and generated the key & secret.

As admin, I then installed the LTI at the top level of our Test canvas instance.

Now when I go into any course, try to add a module item, pick external tool and then CanvaBadges,

I get this error. while(1);{"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"unknown client","message":"invalid client_id"}

Any thoughts where to look next?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi glparker@usf.edu​...

I'm not sure if the errors you're getting are because you are trying to add the LTI in your "test" environment or not.  But, have you tried adding the CanvaBadges LTI in your "production" environment at the account level to see if you get the same results?  I can understand wanting to use the "test" environment out before going "live" with a new LTI tool for your faculty, but chances are that people won't know you're adding the LTI to the "production" environment right away.  And, if it doesn't work for some reason, you can always remove the LTI from the "production" environment.

Give this a shot and post back here with your results...thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi glparker@usf.edu​...

I'm not sure if the errors you're getting are because you are trying to add the LTI in your "test" environment or not.  But, have you tried adding the CanvaBadges LTI in your "production" environment at the account level to see if you get the same results?  I can understand wanting to use the "test" environment out before going "live" with a new LTI tool for your faculty, but chances are that people won't know you're adding the LTI to the "production" environment right away.  And, if it doesn't work for some reason, you can always remove the LTI from the "production" environment.

Give this a shot and post back here with your results...thanks!

View solution in original post

Yup, turns out the same configuration works in production.   

That's a little annoying, particularly as I would really like to test the Javascript piece in advance of production, but

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for saving me some unproductive head banging.