cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgarman
Surveyor

Canvabadges

Jump to solution

I've got canvabadges set up to automatically award to participant after passing a quiz, etc.  My problem is that participants can see other participants status/scores- like whether or not particular people have earned/not earned the badge.  Is there a way to have that info blocked for more privacy?  Thanks for any info!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clong
Learner II

Hi Sheryl,

I've used Canvabadges and the only way I've seen for students to see another student's badges is if the student's choose to

1. Show the badge on their Canvas Profile

2. Share a link to their Canvabadges page with other students. Here's an example of what this looks like.

If you have a link to the badges or badge list as an external tool in a module you can put those in a module that is unpublished. Students will not be able to click on the badges this way, but you can still award them. I've tested this too and was unable to click anywhere that brought up a screen where I could see another person's badges.

Hopefully this helps. If you have a screenshot or are able to describe how students are seeing other's badges that would help narrow things down.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @sgarman ​...

I have used Canvabadges a little bit, so I will try and help where I can.  Where are you seeing/hearing that students are seeing each other's badges?  I tested this in my own sandbox course using the "Test Student" role and also a separate dummy student role, and when I went to the Canvabadges item that I inserted into the module, I could only see that user's badge that was earned.  Is there somewhere else inside of Canvas that this showing up for you?  I know there is some JavaScript code that can be added to the global JS file for a school's instance of Canvas to make the badges appear on a user's profile, but not everyone would have to use it...as it is optional code.

clong
Learner II

Hi Sheryl,

I've used Canvabadges and the only way I've seen for students to see another student's badges is if the student's choose to

1. Show the badge on their Canvas Profile

2. Share a link to their Canvabadges page with other students. Here's an example of what this looks like.

If you have a link to the badges or badge list as an external tool in a module you can put those in a module that is unpublished. Students will not be able to click on the badges this way, but you can still award them. I've tested this too and was unable to click anywhere that brought up a screen where I could see another person's badges.

Hopefully this helps. If you have a screenshot or are able to describe how students are seeing other's badges that would help narrow things down.

View solution in original post