Canvas App - enrolled course view

Jump to solution
bweiner
Community Member

On the teacher app (iphone), I can only see courses that I have created. To see courses in which I'm enrolled that I have not created (our school's Canvas page, club Canvas pages, etc.), I had to download the STUDENT app to access. Can they just be consolidated into one feature on the teacher app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

The Student App and the Teacher App are designed with different features in mind, they are not just a mobile view to the exact content.  With Canvas teacher for instance the ability is there to grade with speed grader, post announcements, edit some content and publish items; all things that are specific to the role of a teacher.  With Canvas Student you can submit assignments, take quizzes, view all courses content, etc.  Similarly there is a Parent app which has functionality more geared to the permissions allowed and use cases of a parent/observer.

I'm not a mobile designer but my guess is that the intention is to have a cleaner interface in each app to focus on the appropriate tasks, rather then cluttering up the interface with too much.  Permissions may also play a part in terms of being able to code tasks for teachers to do in their app if you don't allow students to get into it.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes