Canvas Cartridge

Jump to solution
JacquelineWard
Community Member

I'm trying to import the Canvas Cartridge for the OpenStax Stats text.  When I login to OpenStax I can see the cartridge.  Then, when it prompts me to login to my Canvas institutional account it is no longer available.  Do I need to contact my institution, or is there a fix?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @JacquelineWard 

I have never imported from OpenStax before, but I found a discussion in this community that might be helpful.....OpenStax Integration Problem

However, my good friend  @Shar wrote the following to help somebody else in the Community that you might find useful.............

"............. and if by "integrate OpenStax" you mean like a course.. Yes! I did that in August, for an Anatomy and Physiology text. The Instructor Resources page has a Canvas Common Cartridge download available.

kmeeusen_0-1619192365843.jpeg

And then in the course, they used a redirect link to the Textbook and then modules had link embeds of the book itself.

kmeeusen_1-1619192365880.jpeg

When I compare the embedded page in Canvas to the Textbook itself.. it's the same page. So yeah you can integrate with links in the module or through redirect links.

kmeeusen_2-1619192365868.jpeg

I'm trying to find a help document for the redirect tool but I am unsuccessful.  @kmeeusen ‌ or stefaniesanders‌, what's a good reference document for the Redirect Tool?

In the meantime:

What are External Apps (LTI Tools)? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10300-415274551 

Hope this information sparks some ideas for you,
Cheers - Shar"

I hope some of this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes