Canvas Commons Missing Groups Tab under Admin Settings

kburton1
Community Member

Hello,

I am an application developer that is currently trying to create a self hosted version of Canvas for our K-12 schools in the area to use during the Covid lockdowns. We have just ran into an interesting issue with Canvas Commons that I wanted to post about due to not finding anything on a question like this.

I have used the guide found here How do I set up self-hosted Canvas Commons? to set up Commons on self hosted server. The sharing and search functionality is working great. This issue I am running into however is I do not see the functionality under the admin settings to manage, or create, Groups or Consortiums. Attached is an image of what I see under the admin panel. We would like to be able to set up some groups to internally share courses, but I just don't see an option to enable this. I know it is possible as we worked with another school that is doing self hosted and they have the tabs for Groups and Consortiums, but they can't remember what they did to get them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kyle Burton

0 Likes