cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Canvas Email Notifications to Students

My students are getting emails from Canvas letting them know of my Zoom recordings and inviting them to join my Zoom Meetings. We have had a lot of students Zoom bombing classes so I do not want my Zoom invite information to be shared. I want my students to only access their meetings through the navigation bar in Canvas. Also, I want to choose when I share their recorded Zoom meetings. How do I turn this off? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @esands1980...

I am curious to know if your school has Zoom integrated with your Canvas environment.  Meaning, do you have a "Zoom" button on your course navigation?  If I am reading your message correctly, that's what it sounds like.  If your students are automatically getting messages through the Canvas Inbox about your Zoom meetings (such as when meetings are created, edited, deleted, or when Zoom recordings are available), then you may need to have a conversation with the folks who set up the Zoom integration at your school...such as a local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  The Zoom Pro LTI external app (which is what it sounds like has been integrated into your Canvas environment) has an optional setting to send out these messages.  But, the option is for all courses at your school, and I do not know of any way to turn it off per course.  Again, this is probably a conversation that you'll want to have with folks at your school to see what they have to say.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels