Canvas Log-In/Out

Jump to solution
CynthiaMirzaie
Community Novice

Hello, 

I usually close the canvas tab on google chrome before a test, because I prefer to take the test on my tablet. Usually, after the test, I return to my computer and I open a new tab, go to canvas website, and I am asked to log back into canvas . This is normal occurrence.  

However, today (after I finished the test on my tablet), when I opened the canvas page in a new tab, it was already logged in. My heart sank. My professor said that if we are logged into more than 1 device, then she will assume that we cheated! I don't know why canvas was still logged in, even though I closed the tab. Is it just a glitch in the system? More importantly, when you close the canvas tab, does canvas still keep track of which websites you visit? I am not talking about having canvas open on one tab and switching between that tab and the one next to it. I closed the canvas tab completely. Yet, after taking my test on my tablet, I returned to the computer and when I put the canvas URL in , instead of being prompted to log in, I was already logged into the system and the homepage loaded onto the screen. Does that mean the entire time canvas was active?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @CynthiaMirzaie 

You are okay, Your computer simply cached your login. Typically, if you are gone long enough, your login will timeout in the background. Bottom line, Canvas on your computer was closed (if you really closed and didn't just space out like I do), and is not tracked as being open in another device.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes