cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Canvas Old Quizzes Double Spacing

Jump to solution

I have never seen in old quizzes a student being able to double space without doing a copy & paste from a website.  A student said they misclicked something when he was typing and it doubled spaced his answer in the text box.  Are there any shortcuts or possible ways a student could unknowingly stumble into double spacing or did they copy/paste? Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @klundstrum 

If the item type uses the Canvas RCE in the response field (essays, short answer), then yes you can hink double-spacing by holding down the shift key while hitting Enter. The goofy response to an essay item below was done using this method.......

kmeeusen_0-1606675448480.png

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @larsonc -

Neither the classic or new RCE includes line spacing. It's an interesting question, and I can confirm that copy/paste with the spacing built-in does copy into the content editor. If anyone in the Community finds a way to double-space, please share! Im curious...

New Rich Content Editor 

What is the Rich Content Editor? 

I wonder if the Quiz Log would provide you with any insight? (How long was the student there? Did they leave and quickly return?) While not proof, it could be a great place to start a conversation with the student or a reason to check the entry with a plagiarism tool.

How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Canvas Community 

Hi @klundstrum 

If the item type uses the Canvas RCE in the response field (essays, short answer), then yes you can hink double-spacing by holding down the shift key while hitting Enter. The goofy response to an essay item below was done using this method.......

kmeeusen_0-1606675448480.png

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community Coach
Community Coach

Initeresting! Does that copy line by line if a sentence were to wrap to a second line? or is this space between paragraphs?

Hi @klundstrum 

Paragraph spacing. I was just too lazy to write longer entries.

Kelley