cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Canvas Quiz Help

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to randomize the order in which quiz questions appear to the students? If so, how?

Also, is it possible to shuffle the answer order of only some of the quiz questions?

Thank you!

Alicia 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

ak13g@my.fsu.edu, welcome to the Community! Yes, you can randomize the order of your quiz questions by putting them in a question group - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12979-415298624 

As for shuffling the order of the answer options, right not it's an all or none type of thing. So you can randomize the answer options for all questions or none, but can't specify certain ones.

Hope this information helps.

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

ak13g@my.fsu.edu, welcome to the Community! Yes, you can randomize the order of your quiz questions by putting them in a question group - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12979-415298624 

As for shuffling the order of the answer options, right not it's an all or none type of thing. So you can randomize the answer options for all questions or none, but can't specify certain ones.

Hope this information helps.

Kona

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi ak13g@my.fsu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community!  I agree with everything that kona@richland.edu has mentioned.  I also wanted to tell you that Instructure has been working on a brand new quizzing engine (Quizzes.Next) that would allow for not only shuffling of questions but shuffling of answer choices (including locking an option such as "All of the Above" so it is always the last option to select from).  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure when the new quizzing engine will be released.  However, I wanted to provide you with this Guide: How do I create a Multiple Choice question in the Quizzes LTI? which is over in the Quizzes LTI User Group.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the group link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the page.  You may also need to click on the "Actions" >> "Join group" option which is located in that same area of the page.  I hope this will be of some help to you, Alicia.

Community Member

answers above are 2 years old, I still see no option for individual question answers locks.