Canvas Quiz Log Accuracy with Student Tech Issues

greengrrl120
Community Novice

I have a question about interpreting quiz log data. We do virtually proctored exams with Examity. If a student is kicked out of the proctoring program for some reason, it is my understanding that they can still access the exam in Canvas. We have had several cases of students who have gotten kicked out of proctoring and have claimed that they either then logged out of Canvas or had their browser freeze and were unable to see their exam anymore, but they have activity logs that show question views for nearly the full 90 minutes of the timed exam. The exam attempt shows up as blank. In one particular case, the student said they were kicked out of Examity roughly two minutes into the exam, their browser froze, and they were unable to get back into the exam. But the activity log shows question views for nearly an hour and a half. I understand that the accuracy of these logs is not definitive. I am trying to understand what I am seeing here. Has anybody else had experiences with what happens with the log if a quiz is left to time out without any additional action? Has anybody had similar issues? @kona   

0 Likes