Canvas Quiz on a Mobile Device

Jump to solution
JaylordJaysus
Community Novice

Hi. I am using my mobile device while taking an exam and I decided to play music. After finishing the exam, I have been wondering if receiving a messenger chat while taking the quiz/exam will be flagged as leaving the browser or cheating. Also, does using other other apps like the music app while taking the quiz/exam will be categorized as cheating?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
heather_
Community Member

The short answer: notifications probably not flagged, leaving to use music yes. 

It is my understanding that with Canvas Quizzes you would not be flagged for receiving a banner notification (the kind that requires no action on your part to be dismissed).  But you should put your phone on silent before starting just in case. 

If you leave the quiz/exam page while taking the assessment for any reason, including using a music app or potentially even closing your screen, you will be flagged as having left the test/cheating.  Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of what you're leaving to do.  

View solution in original post

Chaserbaby
Community Novice

I also use my mobile Canvas regularly. It was a modded apk application that I searched for on the net. There is no need to pay for the app features.

View solution in original post

0 Likes