cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Canvas Quizes Leaderboard?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I want to get my students to compete with Canvas Quizzes or Quizzes Next. 

Is there a way to great a results leaderboard? 
And, is there a way to make this optional?

Many thanks

Andy 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi lowea@activatelearning.ac.uk!  There currently isn't any way I know of using Canvas itself to have a leader board.  I believe part of this is FERPA concerns.  However, if you want to add a bit of gamification to your course you might consider badging with Badgr (see Badging Platforms for Canvas and https://www.canvaslms.com/news/pr/canvas-announces-badges-powered-by-badgr-for-all-canvas-users&1226...).  We are just getting started with Badgr here, and there are other badging options, but I know that with Badgr there is an option to show a leader board of badge recipients.  Students are provided with pseudonyms so there is less concern about students knowing the academic achievement of others in class.  You as the teacher can see actual names though. 

There is also a whole Canvas group on gamifciation (Gamification) which you might considering joining.

An additional resource you might consider for fun competition during classroom instruction is Kahoot! (Kahoot! | Learning Games | Make Learning Awesome! ).  I know of many teachers who really like this program for bringing a little excitement to class.  

I hope this helps and good luck! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi lowea@activatelearning.ac.uk!  There currently isn't any way I know of using Canvas itself to have a leader board.  I believe part of this is FERPA concerns.  However, if you want to add a bit of gamification to your course you might consider badging with Badgr (see Badging Platforms for Canvas and https://www.canvaslms.com/news/pr/canvas-announces-badges-powered-by-badgr-for-all-canvas-users&1226...).  We are just getting started with Badgr here, and there are other badging options, but I know that with Badgr there is an option to show a leader board of badge recipients.  Students are provided with pseudonyms so there is less concern about students knowing the academic achievement of others in class.  You as the teacher can see actual names though. 

There is also a whole Canvas group on gamifciation (Gamification) which you might considering joining.

An additional resource you might consider for fun competition during classroom instruction is Kahoot! (Kahoot! | Learning Games | Make Learning Awesome! ).  I know of many teachers who really like this program for bringing a little excitement to class.  

I hope this helps and good luck! 

View solution in original post

Ah, that's a shame. I do have a bank of external tools I could use but needed canvas' grade reporting on this occasion. 

Thank you for signposting me to the gamification community. I'll join straight away.