Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer III

Canvas Rubrics & Turnitin LTI

Jump to solution

Hello Canvas Team Smiley Happy

Recently we switch to the New Turnitin LTI configuration. We have already in our courses/templates attached Rubrics from Canvas. When we activate the Turnitin LTI over the assignment The Canvas Rubrics is no longer visible.

IMG_12012017_144622.png

I found 2 ways were the Instructor and Student could find them. My Big concern is from the Student's perspective. They have to go to Grades, then select the assignment then click on the  upper right corner  were it says Show rubric.

213211_pastedImage_2.png

Smiley Happy Should I submit this question as an Idea?

Thanks In Advance Team

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, xcotto@nuc.edu​, generally speaking, when using the External Tool submission type in any assignment (not confined to Turnitin LTI), the rubric has to be added before the submission type is enabled; as you've discovered, once the External Tool type is enabled, the Add Rubric capability disappears. The good news is that if the assignments are already created, as you've described, the rubrics are there--but you won't be able to get to them unless you de-activate the External Tool type. You'll find the Add Rubric aspect described in How do I create a Turnitin assignment?​ A feature idea for the ability to add rubrics to External Tool assignments is still open for voting and in the Under Consideration stage:

I'll defer to others for comments on the navigation pathway for students trying to discover the rubrics.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, xcotto@nuc.edu​, generally speaking, when using the External Tool submission type in any assignment (not confined to Turnitin LTI), the rubric has to be added before the submission type is enabled; as you've discovered, once the External Tool type is enabled, the Add Rubric capability disappears. The good news is that if the assignments are already created, as you've described, the rubrics are there--but you won't be able to get to them unless you de-activate the External Tool type. You'll find the Add Rubric aspect described in How do I create a Turnitin assignment?​ A feature idea for the ability to add rubrics to External Tool assignments is still open for voting and in the Under Consideration stage:

I'll defer to others for comments on the navigation pathway for students trying to discover the rubrics.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you so much  stefaniesanders​  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey, Xavier. Many of your faculty may already be attached to grading in Canvas, but have you checked out the grading system in Turnitin? It works well for me, especially the reusable comments and the ability to grade offline on the iPad app.  I have some notes posted about grading and other stuff in Turnitin at Canvas and Turnitin​.

Labels