cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas + Seesaw

I would love to hear from others that are using Canvas + Seesaw in the elementary setting (PK-5).

Thank you in advance!

55 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I've been thinking about this as well.   I love Seesaw and think I would send students there for some of their activities or maybe to use the draw space (one of my favorite features.).  They don't talk to one another that I can find, but I can see Canvas housing core instruction with maybe a practice/activity taking place in Seesaw.  Teachers would link Seesaw from their Canvas page/module to direct them.  

Highlighted

Looking for best practices in setting up K-2 modules, with or without SeeSaw. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Seesaw and Canvas do not work well together by just adding the link.  It is not as intuitive or simple as that. When you add the link, it goes to the teachers side of the activities and not to the student side.  The only way I have found this to work is if you link directly to the assigned activity or use the redirect tool in navigation that just takes you to the general Seesaw page.  I am curious on how this works on the iPads as well, as you have to use the iOS app for Seesaw and can't use the browser on a mobile device.

Highlighted

I have found a way to embed Seesaw into Canvas so the students don't have to leave Canvas while completing an activity on Seesaw. Let me know if you would like to see the process. Thanks!

Highlighted

Yes, I would love to connect and walk through this process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, please! EDT here... or can you post a video?

Highlighted

Here is the Screenshot of how we added it as an app.

Here is what it looks like for us - Screenshot 2

Highlighted

Just saw this follow-up post.  Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

We have added SeeSaw as an app onto Canvas, but we're still having trouble embedding an assignment so that it is seen in Canvas, and it's not just a link to SeeSaw. Any support on this is greatly appreciated!

Labels