cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas + Seesaw

I would love to hear from others that are using Canvas + Seesaw in the elementary setting (PK-5).

Thank you in advance!

55 Replies
Highlighted

The other day I was able to add Seesaw activities to my Canvas modules for each day as an external tool.  When you clicked the link it took you right to the activity.  Now when I try to set up new activities they just go to Seesaw.  I don't know if something on Canvas changed or I'm doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Are teachers able to access "Edit App" or do you need to be an Admin? If teachers can access it, can you let me know where? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, please share!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would love the information on this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Would you please share with me step by step. I've added it as a redirect in the navigational menu - but there are some issues.. Especially when students are accessing via the mobile app in Canvas student since SeeSaw requires the app in ios. Any help would be appreciated!

I saw your screenshot - but I don't fully understand:(

Highlighted

You will have to use a browser on the iPad and not the iOS app. I have asked Seesaw about using another browser or allowing the web access in the app and they said it isn't possible.  If you use a browser, you can change the url where it says https://app.seesaw.me/ , change it to web instead of app and then it works.

Highlighted

So oddly enough.. today I played and updated both the Canvas app and my ipad.. And it worked! I have "SeeSaw" in my navigation by redirect and when I select from iOS it takes me to seesaw and back out to the Canvas App!! I made a screencast to show the functionality. It won't let me upload here, but would be happy to share.

Highlighted

Could you share this with me, please?

Lisa Perry

4th Grade Teacher

Liberty Elementary

AdvancED Building Chair

*“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”-Aesop *

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:04 PM shara@esu2.org <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi all,

Here are the steps I used to get this set up in our instance:

1. go to Admin -> Settings -> Apps
  2. in the search box, search for and open the "Redirect Tool" app
  3. click the "+ Add App" button
  4. In the "Name" field, type "Seesaw" without the quotes
  5. In the "URL Redirect" field, enter "https://app.seesaw.me/#/login" without the quotes
  6. Uncheck the "Force open in new tab (For External Links Only)" option
  7. Check the "Show in Course Navigation" option
  8. Click the "Add App" button to save it.

These steps should add the Seesaw link to the course navigation in all your classes by default.

Just note that if you don't have admin access to your Canvas instance, you will need your Canvas admin to do this for you.

Highlighted

Thank you Tye! Another update from Seesaw for helping with limitations when using iOS devices:  you can redirect students directly to the Seesaw App on iOS devices from Canvas webpage or Canvas app- note* the redirect link must "Force open in new tab (For External Links Only)" : https://app.seesaw.me/class_app_redirect/open

0 Kudos
Labels