cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas + Seesaw

I would love to hear from others that are using Canvas + Seesaw in the elementary setting (PK-5).

Thank you in advance!

55 Replies
Highlighted

@jbieber  Me please

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Could you send me that process

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@jbieber could you please share that screencast? I am trying to do that as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes please share!  Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes!  I would love to know how you did this!

Thanks,

Bridget

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer III

I'm curious why you're trying to use both.

We have Seesaw for grades K-6 and Canvas for 7-12. The tools available in Seesaw really allow us to tailor instruction for those early ages without having to configure different addons or apps. The elementary experience really focuses on feedback over grades through Seesaw, which is an added benefit for students building skill and confidence.

Is there something else Seesaw doesn't do that you're using Canvas to supplement? We learned early on that Canvas, particularly for the K-2 age, is just overwhelming, which led us to Seesaw.

Highlighted

The format of full distance teaching isn't supported as strongly in Seesaw as it is in Canvas.  Seesaw is purely activity based and not any instruction.  Being from a distance full time, using only Seesaw makes it difficult to actually teach new content so having the actual content instruction being in Canvas and then having Seesaw integrated into Canvas for the activity part of the lesson would make a full lesson much better.

Highlighted

TTSD adopted Canvas for all students in grades K-12 and it's replacing Seesaw for grades K-5 in the name of consistency. I LOVE Seesaw and just want to be able to use some of the functions that were so powerful for my young students with special needs...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

We're required to start using Canvas this fall. Some of the 1st graders already use SeeSaw. So if K-2 teachers post activities, links, etc. in Canvas, then the parents would be able to view and assist the students. Open to suggestions!

Labels