cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Canvas Student App Annotation Tool shows no submission

I am trying to test the student app annotation tool.

I have created a PDF assignment in my course.

I have added myself to my course as a student.

I go to my course using the Canvas Student app on my iPad, open the PDF assignment, annotate, close the annotation tool, and then click the up arrow, select the course and assignment and submit.

However when I go to look at Grades on my laptop, it shows "No Submission."

Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Susan -

Are you enrolled as both an instructor and as a student in the same course? ...are you using the same user or two different users?

Have you tried the Student View for mobile? https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26714-711561244357 The submission you work with here would then be displayed as Test Student in Grades or Gradebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your response, Kristin.
Yes, I was using the same account to access as both a teacher and as a student, but since you mentioned it I deleted the student version now.
I don't have a student test account, and "Student View" (as in the instructions you sent) does not show on my navigation anywhere when I am in student app, even though I have the most current version.
I can get to "Act as User" but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I'd really like to get this figured out as I am a digital coach for our district and many teachers would like to use these features. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi -

The "Student View" is a button that's available with the Canvas Teacher app. This is the yellow one. Smiley Happy It will then automatically open Canvas Student with the correct view in place.

If you Act as User, you'll need other students in the course, not just yourself. Are there other students who are active?

As the digital coach, I wonder if you could receive a test student account for scenarios like this. It would be helpful to be "locked-in" to a specific set of permissions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am having this same issue. I create an assignment with a pdf, my students open it, annotate it, submit it with the up arrow,  but then 80-90% of the submissions show up as a blank pdf. 

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
Labels