Canvas Studio Screen Recording only recording 'behind' windows?

Jump to solution
JoeStanley
Community Member

Hi Guys!

I am having a bit of trouble recording my screen using the canvas studio feature. It has worked excellently in the past, but now whenever I open something in full screen to be recorded, the recording window and control panel sit behind this window. Rendering it impossible to record a powerpoint presentation. As I said, this recording software has worked fine in the past on my Mac. 

All of the correct privacy and security options are selected, I'm not sure what else needs to be changed. 

I hope to hear from one of the community soon! 

All the best,

Joe Stanley from The University of Liverpool. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

Jon, greetings! This sounds like a pretty frustrating issue. You noted that the issue happens if you are recording the full screen. I wasn't sure if you literally meant this or not, but are you able to record smaller parts of your screen? If so, then at least as a workaround, for now, I'd keep your PowerPoint as not full screen and do the recording that way. 

As for a fix, I'd recommend contacting Canvas Support. If you're not sure how to do this, try clicking on the Help link in Canvas and Reporting a Problem. 

Sorry I can't be more help! Kona

View solution in original post