cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritu
Surveyor

Canvas Studio

Jump to solution

One of my colleagues just noticed that Studio does not have the embed option for videos in the course repository. Digging further I noticed that, only videos that I have uploaded to the course Studio are the only ones I can embed in a content page. Is this a temporary glitch or Canvas is coming up with another update?? This will surely create some issues when we do not have the option to embed videos recorded by Instructors and part of the course repository.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
snugent
Lamplighter II

I just checked in my Studio account. I have several YouTube videos and videos I have uploaded and embed option is available under the share option. You can embed any video from your studio account in rich content editor. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
snugent
Lamplighter II

I just checked in my Studio account. I have several YouTube videos and videos I have uploaded and embed option is available under the share option. You can embed any video from your studio account in rich content editor. 

View solution in original post

ritu
Surveyor

Yes, I can embed videos that I have uploaded to Canvas Studio. But if an Instructor has created a video in the course Studio, I do not have the ability to embed that video, which I earlier had. Please see the screenshot below:

Image of Canvas Studio embed options

You will notice that there is no "Embed' video option.

Is this a new update or a temporary issue?

Thanks

Ritu

snugent
Lamplighter II

I think I know what is going on. The share option is only available when viewing your studio account from the global menu. If you view your videos from the course Studio menu item, you won't see the share option.