Canvas Teacher App does not work at all

Jump to solution
coramdeo
Community Member

I just downloaded the Canvas Teacher app to my iPad Pro. I have a free teacher account. I logged in successfully and can see my courses. But I cannot open any modules, assignments, quizzes, or see to-do list items. They all work fine on a web browser, but it just appears blank on the app. What is going on? I have my iPad updated to the latest IOS version. I tried installing the app on my phone and the same thing is happening.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
coramdeo
Community Member

I'm just updating this topic because Monica from Canvas Support finally found the correct solution. 

Apparently, I was logging in to canvas.instructure.com whereas I should be logging in to k12.instructure.com

Here are the instructions she gave me:
When the "Find my school" screen comes up, type in "K12" and click "go". You will then see the login screen asking for your credentials. At that point, you can enter the same credentials that you have been using. HERE is a recording of this process. Once logged in, you should see your to-do list functioning as expected and the submission files will be visible. 

I can't believe that I had to do that to login correctly because nobody would have guessed you had to do that. It doesn't say so anywhere. In fact, instructions online say to use "Free Canvas Accounts" when choosing your school. I wonder how many other people gave up on the app because they never knew they had to type "k12" and hit go. So very weird!

View solution in original post