cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas - Tyler Integration

Good morning,

We are new to Canvas and I am working to get the integration complete with Tyler SIS.  Does anyone know how to get Tyler to send student, faculty, subject, and section data to Canvas?

Tags (3)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

madaugharthy@payetteschools.org, greetings! I did a quick search and found the following about integrating Tyler with Canvas - https://community.canvaslms.com/message/49902-re-sis-integration-with-canvas?commentID=49902#comment... 

It looks like bmoser02@bluevalleyk12.org‌ might be a good person to get in touch with about this. I've also shared this with the K-12‌, K12 SIS‌, and Canvas Admins‌ groups in the Community to see if anyone else can help.

Kona

Highlighted

Kona,

Thank you. I am also in contact with Tyler support. If I am understanding things correctly I need to use Clever to move data from Tyler SIS to Canvas, and from Canvas to Tyler my teachers use the Canvas copy tool in Tyler.

Thank you

Marianne

Marianne Daugharthy, MSCIS

Assistant IT Director

Payette School District

(208) 880-5982

Highlighted

Hi Marianne, 

Yes you will need to use Clever or anther Rostering tool to export data from Tyler SIS to Canvas each night. It's pretty easy to setup and Clever is free for you. So you might start with that option. Once you get that setup, then you can setup the grade pass back. I know Tyler SIS has a great reputation for helping you get this setup and so does Clever and Canvas. So you should be in good hands with all three. 

Highlighted

Kona,

Thank you. I am finding out that I was looking at a narrower view of this and didn’t realize that I needed to use Clever to pull the data from the SIS to Canvas and then use a direct connection between the SIS and Canvas to pull the gradebook information back into the SIS.

Thank you

Marianne

Marianne Daugharthy, MSCIS

Assistant IT Director

Payette School District

(208) 880-5982

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels