Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas Widgets Not Working

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Ever since I got this phone, widgets haven't been working for me at all. I'm not sure if it has to do with my school or my phone. It refuses to display any grades or my to-do list. Instead it says there's "no items to display". I never had this issue when I used an iPhone.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hi brittanycathey26@gmail.com and Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Well thanks to your question and screenshot, I just learned about the Canvas widgets. I hadn't even realized they were there. I just put the Grades widget on my screen and it's showing the courses I'm enrolled in but the names are so long I don't see the grades--no big deal I'm not really a student just enrolled in a few courses as a test. I loaded the To Do and I have no items to display since I'm all caught up. Smiley Wink

So a few questions for you:

• Are you able to see your Dashboard courses in the Canvas Student app itself? Make sure you've got it set in the App and give it a restart and 24 hrs for the widget to sync to the app and grab your information.
  • Are you on winter break and currently no courses and no work to do? Your school may have turned off access to courses after the end of the term in which case there are no grades and nothing to do.
  • Can you connect your iPhone to wifi and see if the widgets populate there? If the widgets are still displaying information on your iphone, then the issue is with your current phone. Again - restart and give it 24 hrs.

I wish I had a more definitive solution for ya,
Cheers - Shar

Highlighted
Community Member

I am able to access it in the app itself, yes. It just won't work with the widgets. My semester is over but I've been having this issue for months now. The courses are still there at the moment, though. I'll try restarting my phone and waiting 24 hours. I'll also get my old iPhone and try to see if it works on there. Thanks!