cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerrywyatt
Community Member

Canvas and EdPuzzle

I integrated EdPuzzle with my canvas account, but when my students try login to canvas the majority are not able to complete the assignment I created using EdPuzzle.  I am not sure what I need to do to get this to work.

Tags (2)
4 Replies
vkgupta
Surveyor II

Hi Jerry,

What happens - are they not able to access the assignment after logging in to Canvas? does it not do a grade passback? 

I ask because I have also recently created the Edpuzzle assignment and when I checked it as a Test Student, everything worked fine including grade passback. 

However, I have not yet released the assignment to students so I have not encountered the issue you raised.

Vinay

When the students access the assignment, they are receiving a message that says their account is associated with another account. The other thing it did was tell them to download the app but still nothing. I too was able to view the assignment in student mode, but my real students were unable to complete it.

Uh oh! Thanks for clarifying.

It is at times like these that I really miss the automatically created separate student login that one used to have under Blackboard for the instructor and that does not exist under Canvas.

I am going to see if I can enroll my teaching assistant as a student and have him try it so that I can see the issue is replicated.  Will report back.

Just an update - everything worked fine when the TA role was a student.  I also had no problems with students completing an assignment. I did warn them to use a laptop/desktop to launch the linked assignment and not an app on a mobile device.