cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djones7
Surveyor

Canvas and YouTube

My district is looking to use Canvas as a way to deliver specific YouTube videos to students.  YouTube as a whole is blocked for our district.  However, at this time, we are able to load a video into EdPuzzle and this allows the video to work.  We are hoping to find a way to do this in Canvas as well.  Does anyone have any information that could help us?  We are currently using Smoothwall as our filter system.  Thanks!

7 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @djones7  (and a slightly belated)  Welcome to the Canvas Community! I don't have an immediate answer to your question. However, we note that you've posted an identical question to the Canvas Admins group. Fortunately, it's not necessary to post the same questions multiple times in different places; instead, you can use the Share button that appears at the upper right of the page to share the question out to any group of which you're already a member. We've locked the duplicate so that we can conserve our members' resources and prevent parallel comment threads from developing.

GideonWilliams
Adventurer II

It may not be quite what you are after but it does offer a whole host of other benefits.

What about creating an Interactive Video using H5P. Although you need to create an account, the site is free to use. 

You can upload a video to H5P and then add in the questions you want. The video stays on the H5P site. You can then grab the embed code and add to the video to a Canvas page or copy and paste the link to a module etc.

Here is an example - Bagpuss | H5P 

Can you not embed or copy the link from EdPuzzle and add to Canvas?

Thanks for the information!  This looks pretty similar to EdPuzzle.  We can put the link in Canvas, we were just hoping to be able to do it without the extra steps.  

Ah, got you - sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick. I will ask around about Smoothwall. It sounds familiar.

GideonWilliams
Adventurer II

Quick Google search revealed this - How do I allow specific YouTube videos? – Smoothwall 

mnewhart
Surveyor II

Have you looked at PlayPosit? It have EdPuzzle functionality, but more functionality than EdPuzzle and integrates with Canvas Link to Playposit. Institutional integration is available at a cost. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @djones7 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since January 11, 2019.  It looks like there have been some possible work-arounds by  @GideonWilliams  and  @mnewhart .  Have you had an opportunity to review those most recent postings from them?  If so, did either of the resources they provided help to answer your question?  Or, did you find a solution on your own since you first posted your question?  If you could please come back to this topic to provide an update for us, that would be great.  Also, if you feel that someone's feedback has helped to answer your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button next to the response.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Danielle.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.