cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas at one university not working

I use Canvas at three different universities.  I don't have any problems with two of the colleges.  With the third college, Canvas does not allow me to access the gradebook.  When I click on gradebook, the page times-out immediately.  About 50% of the time, Speedgrader does not work for the same reason, it times-out.  The college cannot duplicate the error, as when tech support signs on as me, it works.  The error is not with my computer, as the other colleges work fine.  I have tried different computers, browsers, and wifi networks, but nothing allows me access to the gradebook for the one college.  The college is stumped.  It's been over six months now.  Does anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ajohnson43@mail.twu.edu, have you gone to campus and to your local Canvas support office and tried to access things (1) using their computer and (2) on your laptop? I know for us this often helps us to trouble shoot the problem. Something else, do you know if your school has gotten Canvas Support - from the company - involved?

Highlighted

Kona, I have not tried either of those options, but I will now!  Thanks for giving me some next step ideas.

Amy

Highlighted

ajohnson43@mail.twu.edu, good luck and if you are able to figure out what's going on please come back and let us know!

Highlighted
Learner II

Lacking any other context, are your classes larger at the campus where you can't access Canvas?  We've seen Speedgrader issues where a large class (600 students) were expected to upload 3-4 documents for an assignment. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ajohnson43@mail.twu.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been a lot of activity in this topic since January 30, 2018.  Were you ultimately able to get logged in to your third Canvas environment?  Is this still an issue that you are having difficulties with?  Have you had an opportunity to reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk to see if they could help you resolve this issue?  If you could please come back to this thread to provide the Community with an update, that would be helpful.  Also, if you feel one of the above replies has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark that person's feedback as "Correct".  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" becuase there hasn't been much new activity in this topic for almost four months, but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Amy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels