Canvas blank as of 28 Aug 2019: Instructure changes mean I need a new computer

Jump to solution
s3711726
Community Novice

Please please please undo what ever you have done to Canvas, Instructure. Several people in the last few hours have complained about a blank Canvas canvas screen, including me.  It is probably because we run old mac systems (like mine (10.6.8)  and the browser makers will not update them anymore.  Canvas worked fine two days ago, now it doesn't.  Please undo whatever you did so we don't have to throw our computers away and contribute to e-waste.  Adam Williams, RMIT Melbourne, Australia

1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Adam,

As far as I know there are no longer any supported browsers for Mac OS 10.6.8.  Mozilla Firefox ESR (not supported anyway) was last updated for OS X 10.6.8 in May, 2017.  Part of the nature of the Internet and cloud based software in general is that we have to try to strike a balance for as many people as possible.  In order to take advantage of modern browser capabilities and protect against vulnerabilities we must periodically change our software including deprecating older browser access.  You can read more about what we currently support here.  We realize this policy does not make everyone happy all of the time but we do strive to make the product accessible and stable for as many people as possible.

View solution in original post