cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahui
Community Member

Canvas cannot display pictures in Safari in Catalina

Jump to solution

I just upgraded to Mac Catalina out of necessity. Now all the pictures in Canvas no longer display in Safari. Does anyone have a fix besides switching to chrome or other browser?

If students encounter the same problem, what alternatives are available for them? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ahui ‌, most likely this is associated with a recent update to Safari that changes a default setting associated with third-party cookies and cross-site tracking. Please read through the troubleshooting steps listed here to see if that resolves the issue for you and your students.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ahui ‌, most likely this is associated with a recent update to Safari that changes a default setting associated with third-party cookies and cross-site tracking. Please read through the troubleshooting steps listed here to see if that resolves the issue for you and your students.

View solution in original post

ahui
Community Member

Thanks. That fixed the problem.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Glad to hear it, and thanks for coming back to let us know!

Hi, we are still having problems when viewing pictures in web browsers on iOS. To get the pictures displayed on Safari/iOS I need to go to Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data - Remove All Website Data. Then when I copied the link to the Safari browser, it worked. However, when I then clicked the "rounded arrow" next to the link to reload the page, the figures got wiped out again. Please can you help us to solve the issue?