cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panagaa
Community Member

Canvas changes "until" dates on discussion board on its own

Jump to solution

Say I create a discussion board and set the availability dates from September 1 at 5:00 p.m. to September 7 at 5:00 p.m. I save the discussion board and can clearly see the "until" date says September 7 at 5:00 p.m. when I look at my list of discussion boards. For some reason I can't explain, Canvas has been changing the "until" date all on its own. The change is consistent - it always ends up changing to the following day at 4:59 p.m. so in this case to September 8 at 4:59 p.m. Does anyone know why? This is very frustrating because I have to monitor the discussion boards for this change and it confuses students (or makes me look inept). I've tried looking for a solution or seeing if there is a setting I need to change but so far I've had no luck. P.S. this is happening in more than one class. Thanks for any insight!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@panagaa , this sounds pretty frustrating! For this type of issue probably the best thing to do is contact Canvas Support by clicking on the Help link in Canvas and Reporting a Problem. They will be able to deep dive into this issue better than we can in the Community. 

Please let let us know what you find out!

Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@panagaa , this sounds pretty frustrating! For this type of issue probably the best thing to do is contact Canvas Support by clicking on the Help link in Canvas and Reporting a Problem. They will be able to deep dive into this issue better than we can in the Community. 

Please let let us know what you find out!

Kona

View solution in original post