cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prfsrnzym
Surveyor

Canvas course export package question.

Hi,

I am new to Canvas so I apologize if this has been asked before. I uploaded a  exported canvas course a fellow teacher sent me. Everything seemed to be working fine, however, the design layout of each page is not the same as theirs. For some reason, all the banners they had and overall layout did not transfer over when I uploaded the file.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thank you in advanced.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @prfsrnzym ...

I'm saddened to see that your question has been sitting out here in the Community for so long without any responses.  Let's see if we can get a solution for you...assuming that you've not been able to find a solution yet.  Is it correct that you and the other instructor are located at the same school?  If so, there are other ways to copy content from one course to another besides using a course export package.  (I'm not saying course export packages are necessarily wrong to use...there are just other ways that you can do things in Canvas.)

One way is to use the Canvas Course Import Tool.  Basically, you would need to be enrolled in both your course and the other instructor's course (temporarily) within your school's Canvas environment.  Once you are both enrolled with the "Teacher" role, you would then log in to your own course and use the following Guide: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.

Another option for you would be to use Canvas Commons, if you have have that available to you.  The other instructor would need to share his/her course to Canvas Commons.  Then, once the course has been shared to Commons, you could then search for that resource in Commons to import it into your own course.  (This would not require that you are enrolled in the other instructors course, by the way.)

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.