cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas course not accessible

Jump to solution

I can't access one of my courses via Canvas; it is listed there but won't allow me to open it.  It's PSY 218-03 (2449)

Thank You,

Gina Rabbitt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi, grabbitt@salemstate.edu, "Go To Course" is not part of the Canvas interface. So I just checked, and I can see the course on your Canvas dashboard, and you are enrolled in it as a teacher. It's not yet published and does not currently contain any content. Please ensure that you are logged into https://elearning.salemstate.edu/ where you should be able to see this:

302715_psy-218.png

However, I notice that Salem State has customized the Dashboard link in the global navigation of Canvas so it directs to a non-Canvas site—most likely a portal managed by the school. If that is where you are experiencing the "Go To Course" issue, please reach out directly to someone in eLearning at Salem State. If you can't find the appropriate help desk here—Information for Faculty & Staff | Salem State University —please use the Help button in the Canvas global navigation, where I notice your school has live chat available for faculty.

Good luck this semester!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello grabbitt@salemstate.edu Thank You for posting your question.  When you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen, find the course and then look at the "Published" column.  If the course is not published, then that means your instructor has not yet published the course so that you and your classmates can access the course content.  The course might not be ready to be published until the official start date of the course.  This would be a decision left up to either the instructor and/or the school.  You'd want to check with either your instructor and/or a local Canvas administrator at your school if you believe you should have access to the course content right now.  They would be the best ones to help you with this.  I hope this helps, Gina.

Highlighted

Hello Chris,

I am the Professor. It’s a matter of accessing the course on my Canvas page. The courses that I can access have a blue link that I click, which says, Go To Course. My Childhood and Adolescence course does not have the blue link lit up so I can click it.

Regards,

Gina

Gina M. Rabbitt, M.S., CAGS

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, grabbitt@salemstate.edu, "Go To Course" is not part of the Canvas interface. So I just checked, and I can see the course on your Canvas dashboard, and you are enrolled in it as a teacher. It's not yet published and does not currently contain any content. Please ensure that you are logged into https://elearning.salemstate.edu/ where you should be able to see this:

302715_psy-218.png

However, I notice that Salem State has customized the Dashboard link in the global navigation of Canvas so it directs to a non-Canvas site—most likely a portal managed by the school. If that is where you are experiencing the "Go To Course" issue, please reach out directly to someone in eLearning at Salem State. If you can't find the appropriate help desk here—Information for Faculty & Staff | Salem State University —please use the Help button in the Canvas global navigation, where I notice your school has live chat available for faculty.

Good luck this semester!

View solution in original post

Labels