Canvas dashboard issue

Jump to solution
Mepprabee
Community Member

I am using the canvas app as a student, and when I open to my dashboard, my view is often different than the default displayed here. My canvas tabs are located on the bottom, and course cards are on the left hand side. The main portion of the screen is entirely blank. My app shows no menu option that I can see to change the display, so that I may see my recent activity. Please advise.72C676CC-ED04-4842-8F0A-4BD6BB28B518.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@Mepprabee

Great question! The screenshot you shared is the default home screen for the iPad app, where the main section is blank and just has a Canvas logo. There is no way to add anything to this area. You will need to use the tabs at the bottom of the app to navigate through the app. There is no option in the Canvas Student app for recent activity - only To Dos and Notifications. 

You can change your default "tab" on launch in the app settings. For example, if you want To Do to be your default home screen, that is possible. 

The blank left side of the screen is mainly used to show the course menu and course content once inside a course. Thanks. 

View solution in original post