Canvas dropping screen when logged in

Jump to solution
kfowler
Community Member

My son has an account for canvas through school. For the last three days, he logs into Canvas from his Chromebook and joins his Zoom meeting through the link the teacher provides. At random times, the screen goes blank and takes him to the computer login page (as if he was just opening his computer). It also does it when he's doing Jiji or Core 5 (other programs he uses for class). I've tried everything - different computer, different browsers, different internet connections. I've also tried logging in and out of Canvas. I've called and emailed our district tech support but haven't heard back. And this doesn't seem to be happening to any other students in his class. Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @kfowler 

I'm not an expert at Chromebooks, but this does sound more like a hardware issue with the computer itself, or perhaps an bad operating system installation.  I would pester your district's tech support to have them look.

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @kfowler 

This isn't the result of some Canvas setting, or it wouldn't be happening to the other apps your son is accessing.  It is either a hardware issue or a bandwidth issue. You have asked you question in a global community of Canvas user, and we only have access to our own accounts and courses; and so, are unable to troubleshoot this for you.

Your best bet is still your school, and if you can't get Tech Support to play nicely, then you will need to kick it up a notch, and start complaining to the school's administration.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, you and you need to start squeaking real loud! 

I am not making light of your issue. This has to be very frustrating, and I have heard too many horror stories of the online tech supports for K-12 schools and districts. I know that CoVid forced many schools to online teaching who were simply not prepared. This has been going on for a year now, and they need to get busy and step up to the plate.

Good luck!

View solution in original post