cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreilley
Community Member

Canvas iOS iPad app problem

Jump to solution

Last month there was an update to the Canvas app for the iPad. Since then, I am unable to login. I have used this canvas app for one year without a problem. When I launch the app, the screen keeps flashing with a message the reads: "Your session has expired or has been removed by the server. Please login again." It has a Dismiss button but when I try to press it the screen flashes between my login screen and this message (repeatedly). I am attaching the video because it is hard to explain.

I tried deleting the app, reinstalling the app, and rebooting my iPad. I am running iOS 10.2. One other note, I am running iOS 10.2 on my iPhone and the app works fine.

Can someone please help? I use my iPad to teach at two different colleges and the semester started for one and it is really causing a problem with my access to my classes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dreilley ​:

Sorry to hear you are having issues. This can be caused by a few things, but try the following first for each of the users you showed in the video.

1. Log in to Canvas on a computer or mobile browser.
  2. Go to Account >Settings > Approved Integrations. (All approved mobile devices should appear on the list at the bottom of the page).
  3. Click on the trash can icon to delete authorization with "Canvas for iOS" as the app.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the app again.
  5. Log in to the app again and authorize the mobile device.

One other question, do you have any other Canvas apps installed on the iPad. This would be SpeedGrader, MagicMarker, or Canvas Polls?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dreilley ​:

Sorry to hear you are having issues. This can be caused by a few things, but try the following first for each of the users you showed in the video.

1. Log in to Canvas on a computer or mobile browser.
  2. Go to Account >Settings > Approved Integrations. (All approved mobile devices should appear on the list at the bottom of the page).
  3. Click on the trash can icon to delete authorization with "Canvas for iOS" as the app.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the app again.
  5. Log in to the app again and authorize the mobile device.

One other question, do you have any other Canvas apps installed on the iPad. This would be SpeedGrader, MagicMarker, or Canvas Polls?

View solution in original post

Ryan,

Thank you for getting back immediately! I deleted all the of approved integrations at both colleges using my main computer. I deleted both apps from each my iPad and iPhone. I reinstalled the apps as directed. IT WORKED!!

Thank you, thank you!

Wonderful! So glad to hear that! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much !!!