Canvas is not working on my macbook

Jump to solution
jlhaakma5955
Community Novice

I have a Macbook pro and I am trying to work on my courses however none of the material is show. The website will log on and show my courses but nothing will show when I click to see my work. I also tried to come to this page on the macbook and it would not let me log in to send in a question.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @jlhaakma5955  Welcome to the Canvas Community! It's quite possible that you are experiencing an issue with an unsupported browser. Please try these troubleshooting steps:

(1) Are you using Safari? Please check the version of Safari you're using (by clicking on Safari at the upper left and then About Safari) to ensure that you're using a supported version, as outlined in Which browsers does Canvas support?If you're not on a supported version, you'll need to update the Safari browser to the latest version, and that involves first updating the OS for your Macbook Pro, which will in turn accommodate a current version of Safari. (If you're not using Safari, skip to Step 3.)

(2) If you're already on the latest version of Safari, clear the cache and cookies in the Safari browser, close and then relaunch the browser.

(2) If these remedies do not work, try switching to a different browser. Canvas works quite well on a Mac through Chrome, and Firefox works well also.

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, please contact Canvas Support. General instructions are in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? but your school's support setup might vary somewhat, in which case ask your local IT Department for additional troubleshooting assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes