Canvas not letting me in to discussions

Jump to solution
KatherineCobb
Community Member

Whenever I click on a discussion, instead of letting me view the discussion, canvas boots me out of it and turns the page blank. I have tried exiting out of the app, deleting and redownloading the Canvas Student app (twice!), and nothing has worked. I just want to participate in discussions. 

Please help.

Katie

0 Likes
2 Solutions
rseilham
Community Champion

@KatherineCobb,

I'm not familiar with that issue in the Canvas Student app. Since you already uninstalled and reinstalled the app I would suggest you contact your local tech support to investigate and possibly submit a Canvas support ticket. 

View solution in original post

gnoack
Community Champion

Hi Katherine, 

Are you a student or the instructor?  If you are a student, I would contact your instructor as there may be issues with how the discussion was setup and with permissions.

If you are in the instructor, I would double check that the discussion still exists.  Depending on how you linked to the discussion, it may be deleted, but the link is still there and trying to access a page that no longer exists. For example, if you linked to the discussion on a page, but later deleted the discussion. 

View solution in original post