cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Canvas placing link text within screenreader CSS class

I'm updating a very old Canvas course that provides help to faculty with Canvas. When I add links to Canvas guide pages, the Rich Content Editor is creating links with no link text.  I'm far from an html expert, but I finally figured out that it is placing the link text inside the screenreader only class in the html and CSS.  I'm adding these links by typing the link text, highlighting it, and using the link to URL button in the Rich Content Editor.  The html ends up looking like this:

<li>

<a href="https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10061-415267000">

<span>

<span class="screenreader-only">Temporary link for testing.</span>

</span>

</a>

</li>

I know how to fix the problem, but I don't understand why it's happening.  Since I have quite a few links to add, I'm getting tired of going into the html and putting the link text in the right place.  Anyone know why it's happening and if I can stop it?

Thanks,

Anne Huebel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

akhuebel@svsu.edu, greetings! I'm not sure of the answer to this question, but I'm sharing it with the Canvas Developers‌ to see if they can help!

Kona

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi akhuebel@svsu.edu, we'd like to look in to this further. Please contact Canvas Support, using the steps outlined in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? so they can collect more information and attempt to reproduce the issue. Do let us know what you hear from them as a result of that troubleshooting!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I sent the problem to Canvas Support as you asked.  We'll see if they can figure it out.  It seems bizarre to me, but I'm no html expert.

0 Kudos
Labels