Canvas says no submission?

Jump to solution
zalexander
Community Member

So I just took my chemistry final yesterday. For this class, we complete the actual test as one assignment, and then upload our scanned work as a PDF submission for a separate "work" assignment. To scan and upload my work, I have been using an iOS app called "Genius Scan," which has worked well throughout the semester.

However, somehow my work was never submitted for the final exam that I took yesterday. I used the same app, the same procedure and all, but I went back to check today, and canvas says that the assignment has "no submission."

My first thought was that I had made a stupid mistake and had forgotten to submit my work page. However, upon further investigation, I found that the file was in fact uploaded to canvas yesterday, as it shows up in the "submissions" folder within the "files" page of Canvas (and yes, it says it was submitted yesterday.) I have checked every single assignment to make sure I didn't accidentally upload the file to the wrong assignment, and have found no luck. The file seems to only exist within the "files" page for the course, which is weird because I don't even think the scanning app that I use allows you to upload to "files" on Canvas. Is it possible that this is a system error, or did I make a mistake and somehow upload this to "files?" I'm pretty concerned, because I can't turn in the work this late and still get credit for the assignment.

If anyone knows what may have happened, please let me know. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@zalexander

It's quite possible there was an issue with the app, especially if it was a relatively large file being uploaded. The Canvas Student app should give you a push notification when the file was successfully uploaded, but it's always possible something went wrong. My suggestion would be to navigate to your file submissions folder on the web and take a screenshot of the date created and modified attribute for your file. It can at least prove you submitted it before the deadline. Good luck! 

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 9.03.06 PM.png

View solution in original post