cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reffr
Community Member

Canvas self guided course, auto mark complete and enter into Banner SIS - Help for newbie

Hello Canvas Colleagues,

Our campus is requiring an online diversity/community module for all incoming students.  They created the course online.  Now we need to create the automation for the course.  I am new to Canvas so please excuse my ignorance.  We need to:

1) Have canvas automatically mark a student complete upon going through the Canvas module

2) Have canvas communicate to Banner SIS automatically to add the student as complete in banner

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Rob

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@reffr ,

I have shared this message in the Canvas Admins‌ group.  They may be able to assist you better with the Canvas to Banner automation.

Robbie

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@reffr , we do something slightly similar, we just don't have it report back to our Student Information System (Jenzabar). Not that we couldn't do that, just that we didn't need it to and instead have our list of completer stored in a separate database.

For more information on what we do and how we do it see the following - https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins/blog/2015/04/14/orientation-programming?sr=search&sear...

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@reffr ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie