Canvas submitting different answers

Jump to solution
Community Member

Hello,

I am a post bacc student taking online classes and last week I ran into a very unusual issue.

I took an online quiz and after I submitted all my answers, I noticed that on 2 of my questions, the answers that I selected were changed to something else. I emailed the professor and tech support. 

The professor did not believe me and said that "canvas doesn't do that and it's hard to believe because [she] administered over 1000 tests via canvas".

As unbelievable as it may sound, it happened again the very next morning when we retook the same exact quiz in groups during a zoom meeting. I have debated the right answers with my group partners, submitted my answers, and the same thing happened with the answer to one of my questions.

I emailed the professor again, explaining what I just mentioned and that I already knew the right answers from having taken the same quiz the night before. She still thinks that I am lying.

Two days ago, the same thing happened to a classmate when he submitted a different assignment for the same class. He contacted tech support and brought it up to the professor during today's zoom meeting.

She dismissed it the same way as she did with me, saying that it is impossible and that no one else has mentioned an issue like this before, although I have just a few days ago and I was present while she was saying this.

I have an exam coming up for this class and I am concerned that the same error is likely to occur.

I have tried finding direct contact information for canvas tech support, but I guess that kind of information is classified.

Appropriate help would be very much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi 4381

If the Canvas quizzes were multiple choice, or similar question type where you select an answer from several options, then the explanation will amaze you............ It is likely that instead of clicking outside the question when you selected your answer, you immediately scrolled to the next question item. Because you were still associated with the original question, Canvas also scrolled through the answers options until you clicked on the next item.

To fix this behavior, click outside the question after selecting your answer.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes