Canvas timed quiz

Jump to solution
rklein1
Community Novice

My students took a Canvas quiz with a 50 minute time limit. It had multiple choice and short answer (essay type questions). One student says he answered some questions that show up unanswered on his submitted quiz. Some are multiple choice, some are short answer, so it doesn't seem like a bug in the Canvas quiz itself. I just did a preview quiz to test it out myself and when the time ran out, there was a notification, but I was still able to type into the short answer question boxes and then hit submit, although the questions I answered after the time were not submitted. I think this is what happened to my student. Does anyone have experience with this and is there a way to automatically close the quiz window when the time runs out so students don't get confused by this?

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @rklein1 

Canvas will not close the quiz window, but it does submit the quiz when the timer runs out; although, other than the visible timer running out, nothing else will be visible to the students. You can use the Quiz Log to verify that the timer ran out on the student if they question it.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes