cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morganleigh5432
Community Member

Canvas will not load on my mac book, but it will load on my phone? There is certain assignments i cant upload to cavas on my phone. All it does when i log in is flicker grey and white and wont load any of my classes. Its been doing this since lastnight.

Jump to solution

Canvas will not load on my mac book, but it will load on my phone? There is certain assignments i cant upload to cavas on my phone. All it does when i log in is flicker grey and white and wont load any of my classes. Its been doing this since lastnight. I would really appreciate it if we could fix this problem as soon as possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @morganleigh5432  Welcome to the Canvas Community! First, please make sure you're using a supported browser and that you've updated to the latest version (Which browsers does Canvas support?‌). Once you've determined that you are using a supported browser/version, your next step should be to contact Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as a student?), so a support agent can look at your device and browser and get you back on track. It looks like your school has a live chat option in the Help menu; if it were me, I'd definitely take advantage of that.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @morganleigh5432  Welcome to the Canvas Community! First, please make sure you're using a supported browser and that you've updated to the latest version (Which browsers does Canvas support?‌). Once you've determined that you are using a supported browser/version, your next step should be to contact Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as a student?), so a support agent can look at your device and browser and get you back on track. It looks like your school has a live chat option in the Help menu; if it were me, I'd definitely take advantage of that.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

having the same issues since last night

kschroeder34
Community Member

Having same issues since last night.

jillian_jackson
Community Member

For whatever reason, Safari isn't working for me. But when I just downloaded Chrome and accessed canvas; everything is loading just fine. Might want to try that approach!

gconnaughton1
Community Member

I was working on my course all day yesterday (8/28) without an issue.  Then, around 6 PM, my dashboard would not open as normal.  The box is there, but it's just flashing continuously on my screen.  The other icons on the left side of the screen (Account, Calendar, Inbox) do nothing for me either.  Please advise A.S.A.P.  Thanks!

I see you've posted this elsewhere,  @gconnaughton1 , and the same answer applies: (1) Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported, so if you're using it, switch to a different browser; (2) if the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread don't solve the problem, please contact Canvas Support for additional assistance ( https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328 )

kschroeder34
Community Member

I have tried Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.  Nothing works with Canvas. iPad works but that is limiting for me.