cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas wont load on my mac

My canvas will not load my four classes when I get into canvas from myuvu page. So its not allowing me to do my homework on that laptop. any suggestions on how to fix it?the four classes box shows but they wont load.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there 10713153@my.uvu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Highlighted
Community Member

I have this same problem and I know several other students who share this problem.  It's not a problem with the browser, or clearing the cache.  A standard reply seems to the "go to" when people try voicing this problem.  The answer is that Canvas is just NOT compatible with MAC -which is crazytown and is a serious problem that needs to be FIXED or they should be posting a warning to users that content is missing so that people don't get confused and mess up and miss coursework.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, whitcl9@students.fscj.edu‌, it's distressing when technical issues get in the way, and I'm sorry that you are having these difficulties. Canvas works beautifully on the two latest versions of every major browser, and supported browsers are listed in Which browsers does Canvas support?  I'm currently accessing Canvas through Chrome on a Macbook Pro without issues.

It's quite possible that you and some of your fellow students are attempting to access Canvas through an old version of a browser: note that Chrome is currently on version 79. If you continue to experiencing difficulties after updating your browser to a supported version, please contact Canvas Support; they will be able to take a direct look at your activity and devices and give you the appropriate guidance. 

Labels